[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices... (a few excerpts fromApicius)

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 22:51:54 PDT 2005

--- Chris Stanifer <jugglethis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> In this case, so long as the recipes were not written *after* the middle ages, then the argument
> for common food adulteration remains valid.

No that isn't true.  Just as cooking in the Middle Ages has changed in the six hundred or so
years since then, cooking changed from Apicius' time to the Middle Ages.  I would say that
Apicius reflected his time, but not that of the Middle Ages.

Huette

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
they shall never cease to be amused.