[Sca-cooks] medieval forestry

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Apr 13 17:24:51 PDT 2005

I sure wish they'd have asked us first--we're desperate for water (being
year Idunno in a severe drought), and I'd really, really hate to be
facing another summer like 2003 and 2000, when we spent literally months
breathing ash and soot and smuts from nearby fires.
We're actually getting a bit of rain this month, but it in no way makes
up for the unreasonably dry & warm winter we had.
So, pretty please, can we have our rain back?
--maire, in a part of Artemisia just east of the Pacific Northwet....