[Sca-cooks] Regulations against selling rotten meat

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Apr 13 17:45:55 PDT 2005

Also sprach Pat:
>By that same reasoning, today's legal obsession with food
>cleanliness indicates that modern American's regularly consume
>massive amounts of spoiled meat.

Round about 1300 C.E. (I forget the exact date -- 1307?) William
Wallace was the first man to be executed under a new law prescribing
a very specific penalty for treason.

He was hanged, castrated, drawn, beheaded and quartered, and his
various bodily segments were sent to the four corners of the Kingdom
to serve as a warning to all who would rebel against the King of
England.

Needless to say, there weren't a whole lot of people interested in
repeating William's offense against the English king.

But this story has a happy ending. Just as William's body parts began
to get really niffy, the people sprinkled them with powdered cloves,
cinnamon, cubebs, pepper, and grains of paradise.

And they all lived happily ever after ;-).

Adamantius (sorry -- in one of those moods)