[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

el2iot2 at mail.com el2iot2 at mail.com
Wed Apr 13 19:51:25 PDT 2005

I know I have read references to 18th century practices of cutting the mold from hams and cheeses, and other forms of preserved foods.  But again, as you say, not in period.

But what we consider "rotten" may be far short of what was thought "rotten" at some other point in history.  We really have little or no way to be certain.

I know I eat many things that people around me think are no longer safe to eat.  But then I believe, "that which does not kill us, makes us strong".

Joy
Radei