[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Apr 13 20:48:10 PDT 2005

When you consider that a manor often had a large staff and that the
population would grow between 40 and several hundred when the household(s)
is in residence, there's not much of a problem using large quantities of
meat.  Towns also have no problem using large quantities of meat.

While towns slaughtered year round, farm and manor slaughter was primarily
an early winter activity, when the meat could be held for longer periods.

Bear