Herbs use in food, Re: [Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 14 07:31:37 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net>

Jadwiga hijacks the converstation into herbal topics:

I ask only because I want to know... can you enumerate recipes or
references to lavender in food in period? I know it was used in the
Middle East and Spain but am short of references to it in other parts of
Europe.

At Mudthaw feast, which had an Anglo-Saxon theme, Lady Berelinde served an excellent lavender tisane.  I believe she said that she found it in the Leechdoms.

Berelinde, are you out there?  (And when are you going to post the Mudthaw documentation?)

Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom