[Sca-cooks] Spiesskuchen

Martinsen at ansteorra.org Martinsen at ansteorra.org
Thu Apr 14 13:29:10 PDT 2005

That was going to be my next question - about the yeast.
 It seems more like a sweet bread recipe than a cake.  So
the Baumkuchen isn't were I need to look.  The dough is
definite a "dough" not a "batter" like you would need to
do the cake with.  Thanks for the translation.  I'll throw
mine up tonight for comparison.

Cooking it on a spit would make it go faster than an oven
- and you don't necessarly need a closed box to cook it
in...hum...maybe I'll have some fun with hubby's grill in
a few days...It has a rotissary function.... Now I
actually want one of those auto rotating things you see on
TV.

On the Baumkuchen -
I'm waiting on some responses from companies that make
them, but the earliest reference I've got is from these
folks:

http://www.eitelbach.com/about.htm

They brag about a 500 year history.  I've emailed them to
ask for details. More later.

Vitha