[Sca-cooks] deer and turkeys

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Apr 19 05:45:45 PDT 2005

In a message dated 4/19/2005 1:26:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:
But some folks seem to be a bit uneasy about allowing hunting
in the suburbs. And others didn't like the hiring of professionals to
trap "bambi" and ship them elsewhere. The latter is rather expensive as
well.
Not to sound grumpy but....

Fine, then we need to reestablish the balance, if they don't want human
hunters, and they don't want them captured and put elsewhere, I suggest the
introduction of animal predators. If coyotes haven't come into the area yet,
introduce them. We might also think about farming and reintroducing wolves....

My point (and I have one) is there needs to be a balance, what is or isn't
wanted is really irrelevant, because they will breed to the limits of the
available food supply and starve, dying right on these very same people's front
lawns. AFTER stripping all the trees and shrubs and grass in a yard. Nature is
often not pretty...

Somebody needs to point that out to the "Bambi" contingent. Just saying.

> OTOH, I've cheerfully dropped a dime on people shooting hawks
> or wild turkeys, and know of poachers who will do the same.

What is the problem with shooting the wild turkeys? Are they endangered
or even rare?

I thought there were still wild turkey seasons for hunters? Hawks yea, I'd
turn in somebody shooting a Hawk, or any other bird of prey too. Then again, as
I've said before, some of my relatives have hunted from the car<G>.

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke