[Sca-cooks] Re: Cacciocavallo with pasta?

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 22 10:30:52 PDT 2005

Katheryn says:

Yes, I was experimenting with cheeses. But, I did do a little research into the northern cheeses and what would have been available at the end of the 16th century near Venice.  Thus, the grana padano, the parmasan, and the pecorino tuscano.

And great points about the sugar, by the way.

Here's another thing I'd like to ask you; were pastas in the north of Italy by the end of the 16th century made with hard wheat or soft wheat? Or was hard wheat pretty much grown in all of the peninsula by then? Does anyone know this?

Gianotta