[Sca-cooks] Aquired another Henckels!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 23 23:56:12 PDT 2005

Nichola declared:
> Nichola will be offline for the next week as he is going to go and hit
> every Goodwill in town....
> LOL
>
> WOW is all that I can say to you!!!
> WHAT a find!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. I have a fairly large set of pewter dishware. Enough for five or
six people and mostly of a single style. Some of which I've bought from
SCA merchants, but most of which I've gotten from thrift shops.  But it
is a long term search effort. When I was a newbie I went with an SCA
friend to some thrift stores and we found a pair of the 6-inch pewter
bowls and I let her have both of them. I didn't even see any more until
six or seven years later. I have been checking the shops consistently.
I guess it may be time to start again. I'll have to make sure I check
out the knives.

I use pewter because I got tired of polishing brass utensils. Before
the event. After the event. Over and over. And pottery has a rather
short life-span with me.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas