[Sca-cooks] Catering - input needed

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 26 11:03:15 PDT 2005

My personal input is that I've catered my last wedding, never again to delve
into that particular madness.
Good luck,
Christianna
still twitching after 20 years later over "those f**king petit-fours"!

A couple of friends have recently asked me to cater to their wedding feast,
which is tentatively planned sometime next summer. They want to invite
around
100 guests.

Now I've cooked for larger events than that, but never professionally. I
haven't
answered their request yet, as I'm not sure if I want to handle this. There
is a
difference in my mind between amateur, volunteer feast-making and
professional
catering.

So I'd like to ask of other folks on this list (some of whom I already know
be distinguished professionals), have any of you already made the jump
between
the two? How did it go? Any advice? etc...

Thanks!

Petru