[Sca-cooks] renting warmers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 26 21:38:15 PDT 2005

Selene commented:
> We don't typically have the budget for this kind of rental, but the one
> time we were working in a kitchen which had them, we thought they were
> brilliant!  And we were total heroes, all the hot food was by damn HOT!
>
> Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:
> > My brother rented electric warmers for his wedding dinner (he's been
> > caterer and a friend of his did the catering). They were remarkably
> > cheap to rent. Has anyone on the list done this for SCA events? I'm
> > wondering if I can scrape up the rental out of my feast budget for
> June
> > to relieve my autocrat's fears of cold food.

These warmers are different from warming ovens, right? These are
smaller, like large chafing dishes?

We have discussed warming ovens on this list before. Perhaps some of
the comments in this file might be of use, even if the items themselves
differ from each other:
warming-ovens-msg  (9K)  7/16/99    Using warming ovens for SCA feasts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/warming-ovens-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas