[Sca-cooks] Spice Storage

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Apr 27 14:34:08 PDT 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Some European stuff suggests that at least in some times and places
> spices were kept in leather pouches (14th c. France, IIRC)
>
> But i haven't found any clear information on in what sorts of
> containers the Arabs and related cultures kept their spices.
>
> Has anyone come across any related information?
> --
> Urtatim, formerly Anahita

Tell you what, I'll ask on Medieval Leather if anyone has a clue. There just
might be someone who's aware of exactly what sort of container might have
been used for spices- the standard SCA type pouch, I think, would have
allowed too many to be lost to the interior of the pouch.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.