[Sca-cooks] When DID the Renaissance End???(was:Nocino, period cordial or not?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Apr 27 16:49:57 PDT 2005

The Eastern Empire/Western Empire split is commonly dated 364.  Alaric's
third seige and the sack of Rome is 410.  The year commonly used to demark
the move into the Dark Ages is 496 with the last Roman Emperor in the West.
Depending on the source, the Middle Ages is usually defined as beginning in
496 with the end of the Western Empire or 1000 (end of the Dark Ages) with
the advance of feudalism.

Personally, I tend to go with 496.

Bear