[Sca-cooks] Honey Carrots WAS vege proportions

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 27 20:45:58 PDT 2005

Vitha replied to me with:
> I *like* Honey carrots.  Maybe you just didn't have enough
> butter in yours... :)

Perhaps. But I think the real problem wasn't butter, but too much
carrots. :-)

Has anyone make this dish with the non-orange carrots? Did you notice
much of a difference in taste/sweetness?

The orange carrots seem to have taken over the carrot niche because
they were sweet(er), rather than because of their color. But the orange
carrot is a 16th? century Dutch hybrid/mutation. I can't remember where
and when this honey carrots recipe is from, but I'm wondering if the
use of the orange carrot rather than the other carrots ends up making
this dish sweeter than it would have been in period.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com