[Sca-cooks] Paper twists of spice (Was spice storage)

Terri Morgan nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org
Fri Apr 29 22:18:37 PDT 2005

Or maybe the pretty design might have been the same decoration as was around
the sign for the spicer's shop and the possible lettering says "Daniel
Phefbergoogin, spicer to Lord Sallybee and HRH Mattheus"... once paper
became something fairly common - common enough for broadsheets to begin
showing up - (and in terms of "temporary container", I imagine it may well
be cheaper than bottles and flagons) it wouldn't surprise me to find that a
spice merchant who sells to a client rich enough to serve such a pie would
have "top of the line" packaging.

Business being what it is...

barely tongue in cheek,
Hrothny