[Sca-cooks] Traffic Delays in DC

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 11 14:10:59 PDT 2005

Good Gentles All,
I know that many of you will be leaving for Pennsic today and tomorrow.
Please be aware that there is more construction scheduled for this
weekend on the Woodrow Wilson bridge that crosses the Potomac on Route
95/495.  The Beltway's Inner Loop will be reduced from the normal four
lanes to just one from just before the Interstate-295 interchange in
Maryland until after Route One in Virginia.The exit from I-295 to the
Inner Loop will also be closed, as will the exit from Route One north to
the Inner Loop.Ramps from the Inner Loop to Route One will also be
closed.  The good news is that this is mostly on the southbound side,
but could affect northbound traffic as well.  This all begins at 8:00
p.m. Friday (tomorrow) night and ends at 5:00 a.m. Monday.  If you can
figure out another way to get through the DC area, you should do so.
 From some areas, you should be able to come up I-81...for others, you
might want to find another way.

Kiri