[Sca-cooks] salmon

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 14 21:57:34 PDT 2005

  Alexa mentioned:
> I helped with a feast over in Caid that served Mussels
> and also had a smoked salmon dish that had a mustard
> sauce on it.  I am not one for most seafood.
> (occasionally shrimp, scallops and very picky about
> regular fish).  I did not try the mussels, but many
> people enjoyed them.  The salmon, I tried that, and
> for fish, it was pretty yummy.

I'm not sure if "for fish, it was pretty yummy" means you would be
interested in trying more salmon dishes or not. Now that Salmon is
being farmed (why is it "farmed" as opposed to "ranched"? You don't
"farm" cattle), fresh salmon seems to be easily available in many
grocery stores, and cheaper than it once was.

salmon-msg        (74K) 10/15/02    Period use of Salmon. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/salmon-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas