[Sca-cooks] England in April

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 30 10:54:26 PDT 2005

Greetings!  Last spring some Midrealm cooks and I briefly discussed a jaunt
to England with perhaps a class from Ivan Day as part of the trip.  Well...
I wondered if there was any interest for 2006.  The Leeds Food History
Symposium will be on April 1 in York (again) and the topic is molded foods.
Plane tickets are as low as they are likely to be - got one for $460 (plus
the hefty tax of $112) but it was cheaper than the one I purchased in
January before my April trip this spring.  Ivan is going to do some
sessions on cooking from various time periods - medieval, Tudor, etc., but
doesn't have a schedule posted yet.  Might there be anyone who would be
able to commit to one of his two-day sessions (230 pounds which is about
$450)?  We could ask if he'd do a session either the weekend after the
Symposium or maybe even during the week after the Symposium.

The Hampton Court cooks are supposed to be doing Tudor cooking during
Easter this year, but Easter isn't until April 16.  I'm booked to be in
England from March 29 until April 19.  Anyone else want to come over for a
few days during that time??

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com