[Sca-cooks] Annie in NYC!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Aug 2 14:59:27 PDT 2005

At 11:53 AM 8/2/2005, you wrote:
>Laura C. Minnick wrote:
>
>>I just got a call from my older daughter, Annie, who just got of the
>>plane in NYC

>She should have a grand time.  If she likes plays, etc., she should visit
>TKTS in Times Square where she can get half-price tickets on the day of
>the performance.  I've seen lots of great shows that way.  And, of course,
>if she's interested in Medieval stuff, there's always the Cloisters...it's
>'way out in Queens, but well worth the trip!

Cloisters is on her list, and she said she'd found discount tickets for
shows- dunno where or what. She's a senior this year, in Performance
Production (a fancy title for costuming/lights/painting/sets/design, etc)
and is mostly there to check out internship/job opportunities for after
graduation. That and to take a risk and do something she's never done. I'm
just really impressed that she did all of the planning for this trip by
herself! She even found an apartment to sublet for the week, which really
impressed me!

She also said that she likes planes, but that cab drivers are insane!

'Lainie
"Beware the leader who bangs the drum of war in order to whip the citizenry
into a patriotic fervor. For patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It
both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind."
~Julius Caesar