[Sca-cooks] rice pudding

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 2 19:08:46 PDT 2005

On 8/2/05 5:27 PM, "Huette von Ahrens" <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are we talking an actual sweet rice pudding here?  Or are we talking
> blancmange?
> Because I am having a hard time imagining an sweet rice pudding served hot ...
>
> Huette

You were busy at the time, but when we did the Viking Twelfth Night, I
served a vat of hot rice pudding, basically short-grained rice cooked slowly
to thickness in milk and sugar, with one almond for good luck to the
recipient and lovely preserved lingonberries on the side.

A young Swedish lady said it was exactly the same as that served in her
family all her life and gave me a bone ring off her milk-white hand.  I
value that precious gift above all my SCA Awards.

Selene