[Sca-cooks] OP: salsa sans capiscums?

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Aug 4 12:39:48 PDT 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Sauce (salsa) that is "Sauce Free."  Curious concept that.
>
> Bear

Yeah, I know- I was basing Salsa Free on the concept of Pepsi Free-
obviously Pepsi Free bears no resemblance to Pepsi ;-)

But, in the US, the concept of Salsa includes the tomatoes, onions,
cilantro, and some level of hot peppers, because to us it means a Mexican
style sauce something akin to the American concept of spaghetti- if we say
we're having spaghetti for dinner, we mean long thin pasta with (usually)
some variant of a red sauce, whereas "spaghetti" actually just refers to the
long thin pasta strands- and that's limitted to a particular size- thinner
than, say, fettuchini, but thicker than spaghetini or angel hair.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.