[Sca-cooks] Chris Nolin/Pittsburgh/IBM is out of the office.

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Aug 5 06:28:55 PDT 2005

We can discuss vehicular disasters, too! <g>
Our car threw a rod coming back from Coronation a few years ago (I think
it was Coronation), and we were in the middle of serious BFE western
Montana (Monida pass, where there's a LOT of nothing except grass, sage
brush and antelope).  Couple of us managed to get to the nearest town to
call AAA (dead zone for cell phones), only to find that the AAA guy was
in Wyoming for the weekend at a wedding, so they had to call for a tow
truck from the next county over.  Ah, yes, trying to find a rental in
Dillon, MT on a Sunday evening....
I think we finally made it home about midnight.  The owner of the car
had to go all the way back with a mutual friend and a 2nd vehicle so she
could return the rental, and then had to go back *again* a week later,
to pick up her car.  It got a new engine--well over 2 grand, not
counting incidentals.
--maire "I just *love* road trips" ni nuanain....