[Sca-cooks] Re: very old twinkies

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Sat Aug 6 02:40:56 PDT 2005

>>  >BTW, did you catch the bit about the 30 year old Twinkie?
>>
>>No! Do tell!
>>
>>'Lainie, who hasn't eaten a Twinkie in probably 20 years
>
>It was on NPR, uh, yesterday? Wednesday? on All Things Considered.
>Some science teacher put one out in his class 30 years ago and it
>hardly looks any different - a little dusty, and maybe a tiny tad of
>mold on the bottom...
>
>Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
>the persona formerly known as Anahita
>
>who hasn't had a Twinkie in... uh... 40 years or so...
>and i had a brother who adored them. Patooey!

I don't know if I'd trust any story about a 30-year old twinkie, but
I wouldn't doubt it. A friend of mine when he lived in very-rainy
Ketchikan, Alaska, for a joke put one out on his window ledge where
the pigeons used to set. After several years, the twinkie was still
there, looking essentially the same although fairly gray. The pigeons
ignored it completely (G).

Do I trust that story? Yes, but only because I know Amalric and his
twisted sense of weirdness.

Morgana

Who occasionally eats one despite all indications that they are not
real food....