[Sca-cooks] allergies vs. sensitivities

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 6 13:05:27 PDT 2005

> Generally, digestive reactions should be referred to as 'sensitivity',
> since no histamine reactions are involved.

Actually, there are true allergies that present as digestive upset. Tom is
allergic to beef that way, the least little bit -- honest, if you fry a
hamburger and then fry a fish in the same spot on the grill, and he eats the
fish -- and he reacts. And at first we thought it was just a "sensitivity"
and called it that, only on further research did we find out that it really
is an allergy.

What gets me is the people who are "allergic" to things they don't like.
That is really unfair to those who have real allergies and sensitivities.

Cynara