[Sca-cooks] Plums was: Lammas 1005 menu

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sun Aug 7 02:43:38 PDT 2005

>Are red plums or reg. plums used in this sauce?
>I did not know that the reg. plums had made it so far west of the orient by
>this time.
>Would love source.

I've read that Vikings imported both fresh and dried plums, but don't
know what color. I cant remember the source, I'll look for it, but
later.  It might be a stretch to put them in Dublin, but maybe the
Viking cook (me) brought some with her.

And thanks to those who sent the horseradish recipes, the two I've
seen so far are pretty late for this feast, but they both sound
really good.

I'll reply more later. I've been sleeping at home but have been on
site all day for the last two days, and feast in the morning.   I
just hope it goes well, I've been hitting my physical limits pretty
hard.  Yesterday afternoon, I had to leave the kitchen, I set up my
loom and worked on that for the afternoon and was much happier.

And a birthday party for my daughter on Mon at a water park.  Its
going to be downright restful to be at work again.

Ranvaig