[Sca-cooks] New Laurel amongst us....

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 08:30:57 PDT 2005

Elaine Koogler wrote:

> I have a wonderful secret to share with you folks!  On Sunday of War
> Week at Pennsic, Lady Olwen the Odd will be elevated to the Order of
> the Pelican.  I have been asked by her mentor, Master Chirhart, to let
> you all know...and to ask you to keep it under your hats until after
> the fact...it's a complete surprise.  She will be put on vigil in
> Atlantian Royal Sunday morning just as we're mustering for opening
> ceremonies.  She has been furiously making subtleties for what she
> thinks will be the Queen's Birthday celebration.  Little does she
> know.........  The ceremony will take place later that day on the Blue
> battlefield during the Laurel prize Tourney.  We would love for any of
> you who are at Pennsic to come join us.  If you come for putting her
> on vigil, kind of hang out in the back...she might wonder at
> non-Atlantians gathering for muster in Atlantian Royal!  But
> definitely try to visit with her during the day...let any other of our
> group who might have already left for Pennsic know, if you would.
> Hope to see lots of you there!
>
> Kiri

OOOOPPPPPSSSSSS!  What a mistake to make!!!  She'll be getting her
Laurel, not her Pelican.  So Sorry folks.  We all think it's like
getting a Pelican candidate to unknowingly set up his/her own vigil
site, having her do all those subtleties!!  I guess that's what I'm
thinking!

Kiri (now I KNOW I'm getting old.....)