[Sca-cooks] fish at SCA feasts

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 13 20:54:27 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
<<<<Smoked eel is exceptional. I've never served eel at an event, but I
vaguely recall that al-Sayyid Ras al Zib served some kind of
crustades for a fish day that involved salmon and eels, on at least
one occasion.
Adamantius>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Did grilled, stuffed eels at my last feast in Meridies a couple of years
ago, as a sort of taster dish.  Those who tried it were pleased and calling
for more.  Some adventurous folks who never tried it gave it a go.  It was a
p[leasant way to introduce the dish, and have me interact with my guests
while my expert kitchen hands kept the feast moving.

Wierd food as a 'try if you'd like' can be inviting and less pressure for
the curious.

Then there was the roasted orange salmon Serena deRiva foisted off to huge
success  at the 'feast of the twice-cooked dishes' :o)

niccolo difrancesco