[Sca-cooks] period air mattress

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 16 18:39:18 PDT 2005

  Mordonna the Cook asked me:
> But did it float?
>
> Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote: There are
> mentions of the Ciba Review in various places in the Florilegium.
> Including the evidence for a period air mattress. Made out of leather.

I imagine it would, although the right tanning/finishing process for
the leather might help.

Actually though, I'd suspect a better question for you might be
"Could you sew loops to it so you could attach ropes or stakes to
it?" :-)

For those who are new, and haven't got the foggiest idea of what we
are talking about, see this other Florilegium file:

Mordona-arbed-art  (8K)  2/21/00    Mordonna DuBois' adventure at
Estrella.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/STORIES/Mordona-arbed-art.html

Stefan
--------