[Sca-cooks] FW: Beowulf poem as movie review

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Aug 18 17:01:18 PDT 2005

On Aug 18, 2005, at 3:43 PM, Irmgart wrote:

> the movie? the movie is real... and *horrid.*
>
> The verse is really quite accurate in summarizing the movie. And
> less painful.
>
> -Irmgart

The only problem is that while I'm perfectly prepared to concede that
any appearance of Christopher Lambert (_possibly_ with the exception
of the original "Highlander", although it isn't Lambert that saves
that movie) on a piece of celluloid might be argued to be an example
of failure, no film that has even a single frame's worth of Patricia
Velasquez is devoid of all redeeming social value. So movies that
feature both of them are rather a tough call...

Adamantius