[Sca-cooks] Fussy eaters

Dianne and Greg goofy1 at suscom.net
Tue Aug 23 06:19:41 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise" <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net>
To: "Cooks within the SCA" <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Fussy eaters

> What I find interesting is that kids who won't eat unusual things at
> home will eat them for other adults that they know. There was a young
> lady at our Pennsic camp who 'didn't eat meat' (I don't mean a
> vegetarian, I mean a picky eater) and she ate everything that
> Christopher cooked.

I confess, I am sometimes a picky eater. However, I am perfectly capable of
gracefully declining a dish I don't care to eat. (Anyone remember the
phrase, "No, thank you" ? )

I normally do not care for fish, and specifically salmon. I got my mind
changed for me at Pennsic. Our campmates prepared salmon, cooked over the
grill with some sort of rub, and sea salt. I didn't get recipes for any of
the dishes--though I  intend to!--and this was hands down the BEST Scadian
meal I have ever had. The salmon simply melted in my mouth. It was divine.

Laurensa
former fish-hater