[Sca-cooks] Re: My new job

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 23 06:51:11 PDT 2005

Jadwiga says:

Just realized I forgot to tell the list my good news before I left.

As of 5 pm today I have left my previous place of employment, and
tomorrow at 9 or 10 am I start my new job at Drew University. My dream
job- half reference librarian, half library webmaster, and fewer hours
per week (a bit less salary, but I can make the small amount up with
consulting and/or a few hours a week as a library sub).

Well, congratulations! I am sure you will be phenomenal at your new job and they will very highly value you.

A little story for you tangentially related to Drew University; eons ago, when I was a newspaper intern in the N.J. State House, the New Jersey Correspondents' Club (made up of the reporters who covered the State House and N.J. politics) would hold an annual dinner with a roast of various politicos. The year I was involved, Gov. Tom Kean was retiring to become chancellor at Drew University. So we had a special song for him, of which I can only remember the chorus ...

"Onward, upward, is our motto
do or die for Drew!
And if they laugh at us in Trenton,
we'll say, "Drew U. too!"

Gianotta (PS: drop me a line off list, I have been collecting linen napkins for you for your handwashing services.)