[Sca-cooks] Casa Bardicci Subtlety Contest

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Wed Aug 24 09:59:48 PDT 2005

>So, how would one go about making a "fountain" without a
>post-Renaissance electric fountain kit?  I'm thinking, an adjoining
>reservoir set on a shelf just above the level of the output spout.
> Fluid goes in the reservoir and out the spout.  Refill as necessary,
>isn't that what servants are for?

Heck, My dear!
The common pump is plainly and documentably period.
Also could use a bladder to hold the reservoir of liquid
and applied pressure to it. In fact, Coopers sells bota's that could easily have served in this capacity.

Capt Elias
Dragonship Haven, East
(Stratford, CT, USA)
Apprentice in the House of Silverwing

-Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas
- Help! I am being pecked to death by the Ducks of Dilletanteism!
There are SO damn many more things I want to try in
the SCA than I can possibly have time for.
It's killing me!!!

Upon the hempen tackle ship-boys climbing;
Hear the shrill whistle which doth order give
To sounds confused; behold the threaden sails,
Borne with the invisible and creeping wind,
Draw the huge bottoms through the furrow'd sea,
Breasting the lofty surge: O, do but think
You stand upon the ravage and behold
A city on the inconstant billows dancing;
For so appears this fleet majestical,
Holding due course to Harfleur.
  - Shakespeare - Henry V, Act III, Prologue