[Sca-cooks] Tiki Torch Recall

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Tue Aug 23 21:32:56 PDT 2005

>Here in the West, Tiki Torches (generic) are utterly totally
>thoroughly irrevocably forbidden at our events - since most are
>camping - and there's no reason to have then at the one-day events.
>--
>Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
>the persona formerly known as Anahita

We don't use them much in Oertha (Alaska) either (G). Unless we're
down on the Kenai Peninsula or the Panhandle, it doesn't get dark
enough during the short summer camping season to use them, and it's
way too cold in the winter to do outdoor courts etc. I've done
needlework in mid-July at midnight with ambient light in Winter's
Gate (Fairbanks), which is a delightful feeling.

I do remember an evening court in An Tir once, that had the main
corridor flanked by Tiki Torches. It was definitely dramatic watching
people walk up to Their Majesties, to receive awards, etc.

Morgana