[Sca-cooks] Re: You-know-what on the half shell ...

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 25 07:24:36 PDT 2005

Master A responded:

> What really made me blink was the "studded" design on it ...
> particularly since I had visited the Mutter Museum in May and there
> were lots and lots of models of, erm, uh, "afflicted" male
> equipment. The studs put me in mind of these other things. Sorry!
> I've been looking at too many medical journals lately!

Ooh! Ooh! The Mutter Museum! The Disneyland of Medical Weirdness in
Philadelphia! I wanna go! _Before_ lunch!

Adamantius

My husband and I went for my birthday; it was a quiet Friday afternoon until the three school buses full of teens on a field trip swept in. Much hysterical screaming and shrieking commenced.

Getting to see the famous soap lady was neat, but even better was the Lewis & Clark expedition exhibit that had been set up. Apparently it was medical advice from a prominent member of the Philadelphia College of Medicine that actually preserved the health of those on the expedition.

As part of that exhibit was a reconstructed bit of the interior of Philadelphia's oldest apothecary, which was in operation from about 1800 to about 1900. The setup seemed very medieval to me; the heavy woodwork, the tiny shelves labeled in Latin, etc. It was neat.

Gianotta

P.S. Master A, if you're ever in town and want to go to the Mutter, give me a yell!