[Sca-cooks] Re: Paging Olwen the Odd

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:46:28 PDT 2005

>Another "Danged!  I didn't know about the elevation and missed it!"  I
>found Kiri's e-mail post when I came back home.  I'd heard someone refer to
>Mistress Olwen and wondered if it was "our" Olwen.  Anyway, it's about time
>Atlantia recognized the gem they have in Olwen!  (But... "Dame Olwen" just
>slides off the tongue so much smoother than "MistreSSOlwen"...)
>
>Dame Alys Katharine

Thank you Dame Alys Katharine.  I wish you had been there as well.  You are,
after all, one of the many who inspired and encouraged me.  It also seems
you have a lot of folks on your side of the "Dame vs. Mistress" thing.
Actually, it was one of the very first questions I was asked as I was being
escorted to the vigil pavillion (where I promptly had an asthma attack and
was hurredly escorted back to the open air till the sides were dropped to
let in the breeze...).  Several others have come forth with the same
question or form of address.  Now I must think on this more.......MOO or
DOO.....what a toss up!
still just Olwen