[Sca-cooks] 200,000 Dollar Cookbook on E-Bay

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 29 10:06:11 PDT 2005

Johnna Holloway wrote:

> Ok, folks, here's an auction for a Monday in August.
>  Someone is selling his manuscript titled
>  RECIPES OF THE HAMPTONS THE PONDS THE BAYS
> THE OCEAN AND THE FIELDS/    for $200,000.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/RECIPES-OF-THE-HAMPTONS-THE-PONDS-THE-BAYS_W0QQitemZ4570858364QQcategoryZ378QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>

> Hurry only one day left.
>
> Johnnae

It looks like an interesting read but I'll pass thanks.  It seems to
include publication rights to his book, based upon his years as a chef
in the Hamptons, Long Island, NY which was submitted to a publisher in
the UK which took a lot of his money and vanished.  Vanity press maybe?
 He got took.  I'll not do the same.

Selene Colfox, crazed cookbook collector but not quite that crazed