[Sca-cooks] Back Home {part deux?}

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 17:09:54 PDT 2005

In a message dated 8/29/2005 7:00:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
caointiarn1 at juno.com writes:
Or does everyone from south of Greenville SC have a problem
with the local street signs?
I'm a twenty five plus year resident of Greenville county, born and raised
next door in Spartanburg county, and the road signs confuse ME.... especially
since apparently it's election time and therefore they're doing massive
roadwork, and whatever route you're used to taking wherever has at least one detour.
Most of these seem pointless, and one especially takes one through a residental
neighborhood and a speedtrap.

I do love living in the South though, and often tell myself that while
driving <G>. We have a wonderful selection of art museums, including the Bob Jones
Art Museum, self billed as the "World Largest Collection of Sacred Art" and a
lively downtown area, with all kinds of festivals. There's also the Confederate
museum, and barbecue places that feature both kinds of sauce, despite our
upstate location. This over and above the side of the road sales of boiled
peanuts, tomatoes, peaches, peacans or whatever is in season.

All in all an interesting place.

Corwyn

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.
  --Herm Albright