[Sca-cooks] RE: Basque Food

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Tue Aug 30 14:23:59 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
Everybody may have the New World before Columbus, but finding ain't keeping.
Columbus's claim to fame (or infamy) was what he was able to do after he got
here.

*Then why was America named after Amerigo? :)

As for the Basque being related to the Welsh, that's probably hogwash.
Cymric and Basque are completely unrelated.

*Actually there is one kingdom that has possible connections but they are
researching it as we write. I know it wasn't Gwynydd (sp?)

As for the Picts, that may be
possible, but there is no real evidence, as the Picts appear to have been
assimilated by the Scotii.
Bear

*What remains of that which has been identified as Pict is being compared to
Basque of the period.
Sometime I will look on the web for the article on it.

Lyse