[Sca-cooks] haggis?

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 30 15:20:31 PDT 2005

> i may find myself entering a haggis cooking competition,
> if the autocrats indeed go through with it.  (throw down a
> gauntlet at ME, will ye!?!?!?!) 8)
>
> anyone got any tried and true recipes?  i know the alton
> brown recipe, and several similar, but usually see
> 'spices' in the recipe as opposed to exactly what spices.
>  now, i know what you put in scrapply, but that's a
> different animal...  literally, i guess.
>
> oh yeah, and good scotch to go with it.
>
> thanks
>
> cailte

This is from a post I sent to a local cooks list quite some time ago.
Getting the ingredients to make a proper haggis is very difficult lately, so
I developed a recipe that works well, and seems to be acceptable even to
native Scots.  I am posting both a traditional recipe, and my version for
use when the ingredients aren't available (i.e.:  when you don't have your
own sheep to butcher).

Enjoy!  I enjoy making haggis and earing it.

Mairi Ceilidh