[Sca-cooks] haggis?

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 31 09:18:54 PDT 2005

Yeah, I'm in a similar situation.  I LOVE scrapple, which is a similar construct save that it's pork and cornmeal rather than mutton and oats...and, I was a bit concerned because I knew of the kind of stuff that went into haggis...and that it was steamed rather than fried (like scrapple).  But I had some in Scotland several times when I was there, and loved it.  They served it in southern Maryland a year or so ago as the filling for puff pastry...that was interesting.

The first time I tasted it, it was served with small glasses of Glayva, a liquer made from Scotch...yummmmmmmm.  And I'm not a Scotch drinker!

Kiri