[Sca-cooks] Planning a Siege Cooking Event

Bj Jane Tremaine vikinglord at cox.net
Thu Dec 1 11:50:04 PST 2005

In Calafia(CAID) we sponsor a Seigh cookoff at our May Potrero War.  The
general premises is the same.  You have been besieged and this is what you
have left to impress the other side.  On Friday evening at 5:30PM we give
each entrant a box of food.  They are allowed to add only water.

The last box of food had,  One duck leg, beef jerky, 1/4 lb of salted
herring, a parsnip, a onion, dried bread, rye flour, wine vinegar, heavy
cream, butter, salt, pepper corns, dill weed, garlic, juniper berries,
cardamom, a piece of salt pork, a sugar cone, a leek and some berry
preservatives(I can not remember which berry).  Each box contained as close
as possible the same amounts of each item.

Each group is to return to a pavilion by 5:30 on Saturday evening with there
prepared food.

We give three prizes.  Best over all, Best presentation and Best dish.

We also asked for entrants to prereg and charge a fee of $20.00 to cover the
cost of food.

THLady Jana Aoibeall