[Sca-cooks] cookie monster

Kathleen A Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Wed Dec 21 07:44:44 PST 2005

geez, some mornings i shouldn't be allowed near a
computer.

the xmas cookies are done and i don't wanna see another
cookie for three months!  dear heart informed me at
thanksgiving he wanted a box-o-cookies for the
distribution center that employs his delivery services.
 oh, just about 40 people in all!  sheesh!!!  of course, i
was doing double batches so i would have some for the
final bakesale we were doing (raised over a grand en toto,
ain't that grand!) 8)

choc chip, cocoa crinkles, oatmeal, cherry choc chip,
coconut, pnut butter, spritz, gingersnaps, ginger cut
outs, spice, jam thumbprints, choc coated brown sugar itsy
bitsy canape size with jimmies, dipped pretzels, sugar
cookies cut and decorated and green chili sugar cookies.

that's right...real hatch green chili in the brown sugar
cookie dough.  pureed the green chili and substituted it
for some of the milk.  added some green food dye to
seperate from the chili shaped sugar cookies.  chopped
some green chili finely and added that as well.  they had
a bit of heat from the chili, the aroma and taste and the
chopped chili got sort of candied during the baking.   i
bagged them seperately and put a warning on them, and they
have been pretty well received.  and i have to admit, it
was the husband's idea while watching me cut out the chili
shaped sugar cookies.

cailte
still trying to get the fairy dust cookie decoration out
of my fingers...

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
W. B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
University of New Mexico
Office of Freshman Admissions