[Sca-cooks] Cats lovin' butter...

CLdyroz at aol.com CLdyroz at aol.com
Fri Dec 23 19:54:14 PST 2005

In a message dated 12/23/2005 11:32:37 AM Central Standard Time,
sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org writes:

> Clearly buttering the paws of our cats would not keep them from

I think it is supposed to make them sit and wash, with the theory that a cat
will sit and wash only when they are settled and secure, much like when they
come in to sleep on top of you at night, and then decide that it is a good time
for their third thorough bath of the day... :\
This reminds me of a Cat Story...Mother and I were preparing to go to a
'Covered Dish' baby shower. As per the wish of the Mom-to-be, I had prepared the
shower cake-a huge affair to feed 50 people. the frosting I made was a
buttercream, made with real butter and milk in the ingredients.
Since I wanted the icing to harden a little before packing, I had left it out
on the dining room table, uncovered.
Big Mistake.
I thought Buffy the Wonder Siamese was taking her usual late-midmorning nap
in the sun, in her usual spot.
I walked in to cover and pack the cake for transport, only to find her on the
dining room table, hunkered down, eyes half-closed in pleasure, as she
finished off the carefully piped pair of blue icing booties sitting on one of the
corners!

Helen