[Sca-cooks] Yankees, Hash, and Beets, was and still is: Winter comfort food...

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 7 07:34:52 PST 2005

>Me too. I am the 13th generation of Seelye (or one of many variants in
>spelling) in North America. Capt. Robert Seeley (1602 - 1666) - Came to
>America 1630 - died on Long Island 10/19/1666.  My dad was named Robert
>Seelye as well.  (Oh, no - watch out, we're almost talking SCA time-period
>here - things really do always come back around to that, don't they?)

For us old families, it does...
So Robert Seelye came with old Winthrop, eh?
Beat my family by 10 years.
You are of the Kansas Seeleys, then?

We were a notable family,too, at least for a while.
All my family has for fame these days is "the dancing pickle".
Capt Elias

	Same family as the Abilene Seeley's, but unfortunatley not my side of the
family, so no chance I'll inherit the mansion!  (Not close enough to the
mattress Sealy's either, but still the same roots on the geneological vine.)
My paternal grandmother (Elizabeth MacGrayne) was Scottish and her family
emigrated to Perth, Canada.  My dad's family was all based in and around
Windsor,Canada, Warren, Michigan, and the midwest in general.
	I do have records of the gravestones in England where the Seeley's are
buried in the late 1500's.  I did not get a chance to go see if I could find
them when we were there in '98, but if I ever get back, I'm definitely going
graveyard-snooping!
Christianna MacGrain/Christine Seelye-King