[Sca-cooks] Re: [EK] time Period for Chinese Checkers....?

Chris Lubrecht c.lubrecht at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:10:44 PST 2005

My Google-Fu is mighty..

>From http://www.tradgames.org.uk/games/Halma.htm

"

Chinese Checkers, disappointingly, is no more than Halma transported to a
star shaped board.  It was first patented in the West by Ravensburger, the
famous German games company, under the name Stern-Halma in Germany a few
years after Halma appeared.  It was later launched in the USA under the
catchier name of Chinese Checkers, and this is the form that is most
well-known today. J Pressman is believed to be the person who introduced the
game to the USA during 1928 although several other manufacturers started to
make it thereafter including Milton Bradley whom, an unconfirmed report has
it, patented the game in 1941.
"
Batu