[Sca-cooks] Storms and Cooking (was: Cake Sotelties)

Helen Schultz helen.schultz at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 20:11:11 PST 2005

Central and North Central Indiana just got hit by the storm, several inches
of snow!!  It is heading Kiri's (we met briefly at the MK Cooks Symposium
last weekend) direction for tomorrow (or maybe even later tonight)... ugly
stuff.  I heard a passenger plane skidded off the runway at Chicago, that
was nasty.

I am always alone here, and rarely do much full cooking (I love my
microwave).  However, I will be cooking a good sized feast on Saturday for
my friends to celebrate the beginning of my 59th year (that was actually
today <grin>).  I'll be making a salmon wrapped in pastry, rice pilaf, and
roasted winter vegetables, as well as Russian Cream and an Apricot Tart from
Tuscany.  My best friend is bringing the cake (I asked for carrot cake)
which will be made in the castle bundt pan.  I'm looking forward to it with
relish... as I love to cook, but can't make myself do it for just myself.

Anyone who has to go out on the roads tonight, please drive slowly and
carefully... those roads are slick!!

Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
Middle Kingdom

The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo