[Sca-cooks] Storms and Cooking

Helen Schultz helen.schultz at comcast.net
Fri Dec 9 05:27:46 PST 2005

Maire:

Thank you for the warm wishes... Russian Cream is a decadent sort of pudding
confection, one that is enhanced with the addition of a fruit sauce over the
top of it (either raspberries, strawberries, or orange rind)... I had lost
my original recipe somewhere, so I just Googled it... found out there is
also an alcoholic drink by the same name <silly grin>.  I found at least
three consistent recipes (about the same ingredients and method of making)
and one that also contained egg.  I plan to make up one batch of each for
comparison.  So, I recommend you play at Google for a little while and find
the one you like the best.

Kiri:

We met in the morning shortly after I had arrived.  My Apprentice, Johan,
introduced us (he was sharing crash space with you and your hubby at
Hauviette's).  I just looked at the weather map on-line, and it looks like
you folks are getting some freezing rain at the moment, but it should be
gone soon.  We ended up with almost 6 inches here in Peru (about 1.5 hours
north of Indianapolis).

Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
Middle Kingdom

The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo