[Sca-cooks] Re: Storms and Cooking

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 9 06:17:50 PST 2005

My side of Cleveland was missed by the storm.  There's maybe an inch of new
snow in the driveway.  So, yesterday in preparation for "being snowed in"
as we thought, I made scalloped potatoes and ham with some added cheddar
cheese.  It is one of those dishes that my father used to make to use up
leftover bits of ham, sprinkling in slices of ham between layers of
potatoes and white sauce.  I ate two plates of it and am anxiously watching
the clock until it's "officially" lunch time when I can have more.  Someone
mentioned toasted cheese sandwiches so that's what I had for breakfast.
(Did you know that American process cheese will stay "good" for two years
or more in the refrigerator??!?)

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com