[Sca-cooks] Satury

Finne Boonen finne at cassia.be
Sun Dec 11 12:10:49 PST 2005

On 12/11/05, Volker Bach <carlton_bach at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2005 18:21 schrieb Kerri Martinsen:
> > (peaking up from a pile of books ...)
> >
> > Does anyone know what Satury (satureiam) is  (besides a spice) and what
> > would be a fair substitute?
>
> It's a garden herb (Satureia hortensis aka S. brachiata, S. laxiflora, S.
> officinarum, S. pachyphylla, S. viminea, Thymus cunila). In German, ist is
> also known as 'Bohnenkraut' (bean herb) or 'Gartenquendel'. Kind of bushy,
> witrh green-leafed twigs, sensitive to cold.
>
> I can't really think of a substitute, but thyme might do the trick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savory_%28herb%29

this one right? (the german says bohnenkraut at least :))

should be relatively easy to find, it's part of chili con carne spices here.

Finne
--
"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"